Keto means having to give up a lot of beverages due to their empty calories and sugar overload. Even the most innocent looking drinks can be packed with sugar, and when claimed “sugar-free” actually include sweetening substances that are no better than poison.
But the good news is, there are loads of drinks you can enjoy on the keto diet! Other than our favorite life-saving beverages (water, herbal teas, bulletproof coffee), there’s a way to get your sweet fix in meal-or-snack-substitute-form on keto. How, you may ask?
Here are some of our favorite keto-friendly smoothies that taste delicious and are super easy to make:
Chocolate Cinnamon Breakfast Smoothie
You CAN have chocolate on keto (technically)! And cinnamon? Well, that superfood is anti-inflammatory, reduces the risk of heart-disease, is filled with antioxidants and can calm down the hormone insulin. Powered up with MCTs thanks to your coconut oil and milk, this tasty drink is sure to satisfy.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon MCT oil or 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
Mint Coco Keto Smoothie
For a little more of a tropical, truffle flavor with a refreshing kick, give this blended drink a try. Another one for the sweet tooth to feel satisfied in a matter of minutes, plus some electrolytes thanks to the Himalayan salt.
- 4oz full fat coconut milk
- 4oz water
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop collagen protein
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- dash of Ceylon cinnamon
- dash of Himalayan sea salt
- optional toppings coconut flakes, chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sliced macadamia nuts
Turmeric Keto Smoothie
Turmeric is a superhero superfood on its own, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. This is a nice, thick and cold version of a golden latte that is sure to wake you up in the morning!
- 200 ml full fat coconut milk
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener (stevia etc) or other sweetener
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp MCT Oil or use coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds to top
Blueberry Galaxy Keto Smoothie
Kickstart your day or recover from a workout with this intergalactic smoothie! The colors will have you feeling as though you’ve surged through the milky way, giving you energy while filling you up on your keto journey. Shoutout to the optional protein powder that’ll help you reach your macro goals if you’re counting them!
- 1 cup Coconut Milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp MCT Oil or coconut oil
- 30 g Protein Powder optional